How to Make Hot Crab Dip
Rich, Creamy Hot Crab Dip
Rich, creamy Hot Crab Dip cooked in a cast-iron skillet is the ultimate appetizer for any party! Loaded with fresh crab meat and perfectly seasoned, your friends and family will be begging for this easy-to-make recipe.
The Perfect Recipe For Any Party
When it comes to throwing a party or having friends over for drinks, I always want to show the best in southern hospitality. And that means serving good food.
An Instant Crowd Favorite
I always have one special, really delicious appetizer recipe that I pull out, and Hot Crab Dip is at the top of the list.
This recipe is no joke, THE BEST. I know folks say all the time that they have “the best” of this or that, but I can say with total conviction, this recipe will make the best hot crab dip you’ve ever tasted.
- 8 ounce block of room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound lump or claw crab meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions – optional
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a medium-size cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, and pepper flakes and mix together.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of shredded cheese and crab meat. Spoon into the prepared skillet, top with remaining cheese, a sprinkle of Dan-O’s and bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, top with chopped green onions, and serve with crackers or toasted bread.