Dan-O-Myte Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Be the champion of the holidays this year with Dan-O’s Cheesy Mashed Potatoes! These mashed potatoes are loaded with roasted garlic, fontina cheesy goodness, and that Yum Yum Get Ya Sum with the Dan-O’s Original bringing that Dan-good flavor. These cheesy mashed potatoes are bound to be a hit at your table for years to come and, without a doubt, your family will be asking you to them year round.
A Fontina 500 Company
As you might have guessed, cheesy mashed potatoes have cheese in them. Fontina cheese to be exact. This is a cow’s milk cheese hailing from italy originally but is now made all over the world. It’s a semisoft cheese, hard in texture with a medium body. It’s often considered mild with a distinct nutty savoriness to it. If you were to want to experiment with different cheeses in these cheesy mashed potatoes, you could try a gruyere, or a good gouda. A mild provolone, or Emmental would also be a fine substitute.
Garlic roasting over the open fire
Part of what makes these cheesy mashed potatoes so good is the roasted garlic. When roasted, the garlic mellows out into a delightfully caramelized, buttery soft, and slightly sweet treat that elevates a dish to the next level. Combining the roasted garlic with the Dan-O’s Original and the fontina cheese sauce creates a symphony of flavors that has to be tried to believe.
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 head of garlic
- Olive oil
- 3 oz fontina cheese
- 1 stick of unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp small chives, chopped
- Dan-O’s Original
- Preheat an Oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Cut the end off of a head of garlic. Coat in olive oil then wrap in foil. Bake for 45 minutes
- Cut 6 large peeled russet potatoes into 4 sections. Add the potatoes to a pot of boiling water and cook until fork tender.
- In a pot over low heat, add 1 stick of unsalted sweet cream butter, 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, 4 oz of cream cheese and 3 oz of fontina cheese. Stir occasionally until fully melted and combined.
- Chop up 2 tbsp of small chives and add those to the melted cheese.
- Add Dan-O’s Original to taste to the cheese and stir.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, strain them and add them to a large bowl.
- Use a potato ricer to mash them.
- Once garlic is done, remove from the oven and foil and squeeze to remove the cloves. Then dice them up and add to the potatoes.
- Add the cheese sauce to the potatoes and mix until combined. Save some cheese sauce to top when serving.
- When serving, top with cheese sauce and chopped chives.