Tired of fried poppers? Then try these baked crescent jalapeno poppers! Flaky crescent dough holds a cheesy melody of savory Dan-O’s Original with crisp, crunchy jalapenos and pickles. These are a breeze to whip up, and the perfect addition to your game day spread! You could serve them alongside Eric Wood’s buffalo chicken bombs, Alabama fire crackers, or even garlic basil grilled chicken pizza sliders. You can always find inspiration in our recipes section, we even have a tag just for game day recipes!
Tips and tricks for Crescent jalapeno poppers
- Handling Jalapenos – We recommend wearing gloves when handling any kind of hot peppers so the oils don’t seep into your skin and start to burn or even worse, transfer the oils to another part of your body by touch. The seeds of a pepper are where the heat is typically. If you want a milder appetizer, then you scrape out the seeks and then rinse off any lingering oils.
- Jalapeno boats – You could always slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise and create small boats to fill the cream cheese into before placing them in the crescent roll and cooking like normal.
- Taste of Hawaii – Try using Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of crescent dough for a touch of sweetness.
- Getting hot in here – Swap out Dan-O’s Original for Dan-O’s Spicy for a little kick of heat, or Chipotle for a taste of out west with it’s subtle smokiness. Don’t forget that you can top crescent jalapeno poppers with crunchy for a little extra something special!
- Something about stuffing –When you’re filling your crescent jalapeno poppers for baking, you must remember that less is more. If you overfill the crescent jalapeno poppers then they’ll burst the filling from the sides!