The Perfect Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup
The Holidays provide us with an abundance of leftover turkey, and what better use for it then this Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup? This is a great comfort food, and it’s reasonably healthy so you can eat it without feeling that post Holiday food guilt. You’ll get a lot of flavor from the Dan-O’s Original here but you’ll also get the flavors of the turkey however you prepared it. We used our leftover Southern-Style Brown Paper Bag Turkey for this recipe and it was divine.
Soaking up the Turkey and Rice Soup
Like any good soup, you’re going to want every last drop. Since you’re probably making this after the Thanksgiving feast, why not put those leftover dinner rolls or bread to work by soaking up the leftovers in your bowl? We really love a nice crusty baguette or soft dinner rolls with this Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup.
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for Turkey and Rice Soup
How do I store leftover Turkey and Rice soup?
Once the soup is room temp, you can store it in an airtight container for about 3-4 days in the fridge. You could also freeze it, and it’ll stay fresh for about 3 months.
How do I reheat this soup?
You can reheat the soup from the fridge over low heat on the stove until warm, or you can microwave for about 1 minute. If you’re pulling from the freezer, let it thaw out in the fridge and then heat up like normal.
Do I have to use Jasmine rice?
You don’t have to but your cooking time will need to be adjusted. Different grains of rice cook at different intervals, like brown rice requires a longer time to cook.
How fresh does my turkey need to be for Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup?
We recommend making the soup within 5-6 days of your turkey being made.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 celery stalks (chopped
- 1 lb turkey meat (leftover))
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 2 white onions (diced)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cup white jasmine rice
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Chop celery, carrots and dice two onions
- Add vegetables and butter to a large stock pot and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until soft
- Chop turkey into small chunks
- Next, add chicken stock, water, jasmine rice, chopped turkey, and Dan-O’s to pot and stir everything together
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and let sit until rice is tender (About 12 Minutes)
- Serve immediately, Enjoy!