A burger worthy of a Hawaiian shirt and a Jimmy Buffet song. This Hawaiian burger is loaded up with Dan-O’s, grilled pineapple, bacon, and teriyaki sauce. It’s messy, it’s delicious. It’s Dan Good. This burger has savory, sweet, smoky, and that wonderful flavor profile of the Dan-O’s.
Keep in mind, you can do this recipe with BBQ sauce instead of teriyaki sauce. I used both, as I used BBQ sauce on the bottom bun and the teriyaki glaze on the patty. I seasoned my pineapple with a light coating of Dan-O’s before adding it to the grill, and it changed the whole game!
I went with a big ole, grilled half-pound patty of 80/20 and about a ¾ inch slice of pineapple. If you don’t like your burgers huge, cut them in half. But we like the finer things in life here! Also, don’t forget to toast your bun 🙂
Serve Hawaiian Burgers with fries or a salad.
- ¼ – ½ lb burger patty per person
- ½ inch thick slice of pineapple per burger
- BBQ sauce or teriyaki sauce
- Cheese of choice
- Buns of choice
- 3 strips of bacon per burger
- Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Toppings of choice (onion, lettuce, tomato)
- Slice your pineapple into half inch slices and remove rind and core. Slice up your onions and prepare your lettuce.
- Start bacon on a bacon sheet at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes if you want to make your bacon in the oven. If not, make it in the microwave under paper towels when you bring in your burger patties. Or make it however you like it.
- Build your patties anywhere from ¼ lb to a half lb. Season both sides liberally with Dan-O’s Seasoning. Add some Dan-O’s to your pineapple slices. Toast your buns and set them to the side.
- Cook patties on a hot grill until desired internal temperature. Cook pineapple on a hot well-oiled grate for about 1 minute per side turning 90 degrees halfway.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, brush teriyaki glaze (or bbq sauce) on your burger patty and give it a flip. Repeat on other side. Turn off heat and add cheese to patty to melt.
- After burger patty sits for 5 minutes, build burger with bacon, BBQ sauce (or teriyaki), cheese, pineapple, onion, and then lettuce.