We can get down with boneless wings, so long as you take them to the next level like we did here. We even made a homemade bleu cheese dip! These wings are also on a different level than any of the ones you get at the wing chains. They’re Dan-Good too!
For the homemade bleu cheese, it’s a lot like making a homemade ranch. Except, you add in bleu cheese chunks. And Dan-O’s takes either of these dressings to the next level! This part is pretty easy, but trust us, this dressing is the star of the show and is not to be skipped.
For the frying, these are pretty forgiving. So if you’re not the best at frying, I do recommend still trying these. It’s a simple buttermilk batter and seasoned flour, so no reason to worry! You’ve also seen these buffalo sauce recipe a few times if you’ve ever made one of the Dan-O’s buffalo recipes. Good stuff!
Serve your wings with homemade bleu cheese and celery. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Black pepper
- Spicy pickle juice
- Parsley (optional)
- Canola oil
For the sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
For the bleu cheese
- 2.5 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp spicy pickle juice
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Make your bleu cheese. In a mixing bowl, mash up blue cheese crumbles with a fork until small. All in all wet ingredients, and mix together. Add in all dry ingredients and mix everything together. Cover and refrigerate until wings are done.
- Cut your chicken breasts into roughly 2” x 1” strips and add them to a bowl. In that bowl, add in 1 tbsp Dan-O’s seasoning, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix 1 ½ cups buttermilk with ½ cup of spicy pickle juice. Pour pickle juice and buttermilk in a bowl with chicken and mix everything together. Set in fridge for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove chicken from fridge and allow to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. While it sits, get another large bowl and mix together your flour, baking powder, 2 tbsp Dan-O’s seasoning, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp black pepper, and salt.
- Add about 3 inches of oil to a large pot and start slowly heating the oil. In another small saucepan, add your stick of butter and turn to medium low.
- Put on gloves, start removing pieces of chicken from the buttermilk one at a time. Shake off the excess, and then give them a good dip in the flour until fully coated. Add chicken pieces to a baking rack until all are coated.
- Add your hot sauce, honey, Dan-O’s and garlic to your pot with the butter. Bring to a simmer and then turn down to low. Stir occasionally.
- Heat your oil to about 350 degrees. Drop 6-8 pieces of chicken in at a time and fry until golden and 160 degrees internal temperature (about 4-5 minutes each). Remove cooked pieces from oil and add to a large strainer lined with paper towels until all are cooked.
- When all chicken is cooked, toss in a large bowl with buffalo sauce. Serve wings with homemade bleu cheese and top with parsley.