This is a pretty standard stuffed peppers recipe, but it has a few extra things going for it. And I learned Dan-O’s is the only thing that can take it to the next level! This turkey and rice stuffed peppers recipe uses only a handful of ingredients and is rather affordable! They’re not super unhealthy either!
So, start with about 3 large bell peppers. I like to get a variety of color for a good presentation. The other veggies I include are onion, garlic, corn, and tomato. You’ll notice in my picture, I used some avocado and jalapeño to top add some more flavor and make mine fancy looking.
Ground turkey is pretty plain, yeah. But that’s nothing spicy Dan-O’s can’t fix! I didn’t need any other seasoning and these were some of the best stuffed peppers I’ve had. Also, pan roasting garlic and onions surely add to the flavor too! These are also great with hot sauce if you want to add more kick later.
My stuffed peppers are pretty tomatoey and like them that way… if you don’t, feel free to omit the pasta sauce and simmer in chicken broth to add more liquid. But at least use the rotel, cause it makes for a great filling!
Serve these up with some type of potato or salad. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start your rice to later add to your filling.
- Deseed peppers and cut in half near the stem. Set to side.
- Dice up your onion, garlic, and tomato for topping.
- Add your peppers to a pan face down and coat with oil. Bake for roughly 10 minutes. Flip over, and cook on another side for 5 minutes.
- While peppers are roasting, cook your garlic and onion in an oven-safe pan until translucent. Add in your ground turkey and a hearty amount of Dan-O-s seasoning.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, drain excess grease in a skillet. Return to pan, and add half a can of Rotel, all of your rice, and your tomato sauce. Stir well and mix in more Dan-O’s. Let simmer for roughly 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Carefully add your turkey rice filling to the center of the peppers. Add corn and fresh tomato on top, and cover in cheese.
- Bake peppers for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Let cool down and enjoy!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 Bell Peppers
- ½ lb of ground turkey
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ can of rotel
- ½ diced onion
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- ¼ cup Dan-O’s Seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Choice of cheese for topping (I did parm and cheddar)
- Choice of toppings (I did cor and fresh tomato)
- Choice of garnish (I used jalapeno and avocado)