This recipe is for our Latin American food lovers! This is a super easy, Dantastic take on Cuban pork that could even save you a trip to the restaurante. Just set it and forget it! Several hours later, you’ll have perfect, tender, cuban pork for all types of dishes.
Hats off to the flavor slanger, Toothpick Timmy for this delicious, Dantastic, and affordable dish!
- 1 full pork butt (roughly 8 lbs)
- 24 oz bottle of mojo cirilla
- Meat injector
- 2 lemons
- 2 naval oranges
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Canned black beans
- Yellow rice
- Add pork butt to your crockpot. Pour over the mojo cirilla. Juice your lemons and oranges, and add the juice to the crockpot. Inject some of the juice and mojo cirilla liquid into the pork butt for added flavor. Coat the whole pork butt in spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning.
- Turn crockpot on high and cook for 3 hours. After 3 hours, flip the pork and add more spicy Dan-O’s to the top. Cook for another 3-4 hours.
- Cook your rice and beans per cooking instructions. Carefully remove pork from crockpot and skim off the fat. Shred your pork.
- Build your plate with yellow rice, black beans, and some of the pork.