Pan Seared Ahi Tuna
You don’t have to journey to the paradise of the Pacific to get a taste of mouthwatering ahi tuna with this pan seared ahi tuna with peanut ginger sauce! There is beauty in simplicity, and that’s why we love this pan seared ahi tuna. You lightly sear the ahi tuna in a Dan-O’s Crunchy crust to give it some texture but let the natural flavors of the tuna do the talking. Spicy peanut ginger sauce brings depth to this dish, and is just full of Dan-tastic flavor. You can eat this by itself or make a little bed of rice for some sashimi.
What is Ahi tuna?
In Hawaii, “ahi” refers to two species of tuna: Yellowfin, and bigeye tuna. Yellowfin has a slimmer profile than bigeye and a very distinct yellow hue. Yellowfin tuna flesh ranges from pink to deep red depending on their size. In addition to the darker hue, larger yellowfin have a greater fat content making them ideal for searing and broiling. Smaller yellowfin are sometimes called shibi.
- 12 oz ahi tuna filet
- Dan-O’s Crunchy Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Peanut sauce
- In a skillet, dry roast 3/4 cup of Dan-O’s Everything Bagel seasoning for 1 minute on high heat
- Transfer to a bowl
- Add seasoning to each side of Tuna steak
- Pan sear both sides of Tuna for 1 minute
- Remove from skillet and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- For the sauce, mix equal parts soy sauce and peanut sauce