A taste of Philly
Saint Patrick’s day is around the bend, and these philly cheesesteak nachos are bound to satisfy any craving that may come from the festivities! These nachos are loaded with flavor from fresh, juicy beef to crisp pickled jalapenos and spicy salsa. One taste of these and you’ll be telling all your friends to get some of that Yum Yum Get Ya Sum! Top with a salsa guac mixture, you’re in for serious flavor.
We used Dan-O’s spicy in the guac mixture but you could get a more smoky flavor with Dan-O’s Chioptle, or you could even use Dan-O’s Crunchy to give this mix a little more oomph. If you want to change up these nachos, you could swap your monterey jack for a more traditional queso, provolone, or mozzarella. Take your black beans to the next level by making them cuban style.
- 2 lbs – beef of your choice (we used NY Strip)
- Steak sauce, to taste
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ diced red onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- 10 oz can black beans
- A small can of black olives
- Monterey Jack Cheese, topping
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- 2 – 3 Avocados
- Fire Roasted Salsa
- Fire Roasted Pickled Jalapenos
- Chop the beef into strips and cook in a skillet or griddle over medium high heat
- Add diced onions, peppers, salt and pepper, and steak sauce, to beef and cook until peppers are soft
- Spread tortilla chips onto a baking sheet and top with beef mixture
- Add beans, olives, and pickled jalapenos
- Top with cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- In the meantime, mix your avocado with your salsa and Dan-O’s Spicy.
- When cheese is melted, remove from the oven and top with salsa mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!