You Don’t Know Till’ You Dan-O
This Dan-O’s style tomahawk steak may trigger some people. A lot of people believe that a steak of this quality only needs salt and pepper. At Dan-O’s, we beg to differ. As Dan always says, “You don’t know till’ you Dan-O.” So try this recipe and let us change your mind.
Use a Meat Tenderizer
One important thing you are going to need to really marinate this steak properly is a meat tenderizer. Meat tenderizers have blades on them that create pockets for meat to absorb marinades and retain its own juices. This also promotes uniform cooking so that the steak will be evenly cooked throughout.
Pay Attention to The Doneness of Your Tomahawk Steak
The final thing you will need to pay attention to is the doneness of your steak. Ultimately you will want your steak’s internal temperature to be between 120˚F (rare) and 150˚F (well-done). The sweet spot is between 120˚ and 135˚F. The high heat of the grill should allow you to get a nice sear on the outside of the steak while still keeping the middle pink.
- Tomahawk steak
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp of mustard
- Coat the top layer of the steak with Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning and use the meat tenderizer.
- Now use ½ tbsp of soy sauce and ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce and use the meat tenderizer again.
- Then, use ½ tbsp of minced garlic and 1 tsp of mustard. Use the meat tenderizer again. Then pop some more spicy Dan-O’s and hit with the tenderizer one final time.
- Flip the steak over and repeat for the other side.
- Now, turn on your grill to high heat and cook the steak to your desired doneness. Enjoy!