Finally, chili season is upon us! And the team is hitting it off with Dan-O’s personal favorite, his two-pot Beef chili recipe. This is a chunky, roasty, and meaty chili recipe that can be made in just an hour. Two types of beans and meat provide plenty of substance and texture. And Dan-O’s Seasoning is the piece to your chili that you didn’t know was missing!
This recipe uses 3 types of roasted peppers, roasted tomatoes, and Dan-Good chuck beef. Two pots will be used and later combined to speed things while adding flavor complexity. And did we mention the Dan-O’s! While everyone has their own favorite chili recipe, you’ll probably learn a trick or two watching Dan-O make his.
This chili will be perfect for a tailgate, game day, or just a good old-fashioned fall day. So get your cheese, crackers, ready, and get ready to enjoy some Dan Good chili!
- 3 lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 1 ½ lb of chuck steak
- 2 banana peppers
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 large onion
- 1 can of hot chili beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tbs of ketchup
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Add peppers to pan and coat lightly with olive oil. Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Add ground beef to pan (1) add roughly ¼ cup of chili powder and ¼ cup of Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning and 1 cup of water to the pan. Mix together, cover and let simmer for about an hour. Add more water as needed.
- Dice one large onion and add to a separate pan (pan 2), add chunks of chuck beef to this pan, and add the same amounts of chili powder and spicy Dan as step 2. Mix in one container of unsalted beef stock. Let boil for 45 minutes until the meat gets tender.
- While the pots cook, add roasted peppers in a ziplock bag and seal it. Wait ten minutes, then skin and deseed the peppers (see video for technique). Slice and add to pot number 1 about halfway through cooking.
- Add the two pots of chili together. Mix in roughly 3 tbs of ketchup or equal amounts of tomato paste. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool down. Serve in a bowl with shredded cheese or crackers. Enjoy!