How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes Dan-O's Style
Baking a potato once is great, but twice makes it even better. Especially when using Dan-O’s on it. This recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes gives this delicious appetizer a special kick.
It’s All in the Prep Work
First preheat the oven at 350° F. While the oven is warming up, combine garlic salt and Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle in a mixing bowl. Have your four sheets of aluminum foil ready to wrap the potatoes in.
Prior to baking, pour olive oil on the aluminum foil and place the potato on top. Then, coat the potatoes in olive oil and then sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the potatoes. Make sure to rotate to cover all sides. Then repeat this step for all four potatoes. Now, bake the potatoes on a baking sheet in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Meanwhile place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Place the bacon on a paper towel to get rid of some of the grease and cool. Then crumble the bacon to make it into smaller bits and set aside. Go ahead and chop up the green onion as well.
Combine the Ingredients
When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes so they are cool enough to handle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Now scoop the inside of the potato into a large bowl and save the potato skins.
Add the sour cream, more Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning, milk, butter, 1/2 cup of cheese, and ½ of the green onions.
Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the potato filling into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions, Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning, and bacon.
Bake the potatoes a second time for 15 more minutes. Once done, they are ready to enjoy.
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Dano’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning
- ½ cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 8 green onions
- Preheat the oven at 350° F
- Prior to baking, coat the potatoes in olive oil and then sprinkle Dan-O’s and wrap in aluminum foil
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the insides into a large bowl; save the skins.
- In the large bowl add sour cream, Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning, milk, butter, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/2 of the green onions.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon mixture into potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions, Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle, and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes