Flaky, Crispy Mozzarella Phyllo Rolls
Need a quick appetizer but don’t know what to make? Never fear, Baked Mozzarella Phyllo Rolls are here! These are just a breeze to put together and ready in 10 minutes or less, they’re perfect for last minute appetizers or after school snacks. The secret is Phyllo dough that gives these the perfect flaky, crispy texture while the mozzarella cheese in the middle melts to give them a pull-apart gooey center.
The Secret Sauce
Don’t get me wrong, these Baked Mozzarella Phyllo Rolls are great on their own, but with a little sauce they’re next level. There is always the classic marinara sauce, it’s the goto for a reason. But you could also try a Buffalo Sauce, or Ranch for something a little different. If you wanna go way out there, try a Thai Peanut Sauce, which offers rich and deep Umami flavors that tend to work well with Mozzarella Phyllo Rolls.
- 12 oz container of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 sheets Phyllo dough
- ½ stick butter
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- Start by slicing the mozzarella cheese balls in half
- Grease a baking sheet with butter
- Lay one sheet of Phyllo dough on the baking sheet and add a handful of mozzarella cheese at one end. You can make these as big as you like depending upon the amount of mozzarella cheese you have.
- Sprinkle with Dan-O’s Spicy and brush the remaining Phyllo dough with butter
- Starting with the mozzarella end, roll the dough to the other end
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo and mozzarella cheese. We made three rolls.
- Brush rolls with more butter and bake 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.