Are you ready for the crispiest nugget recipe ever? I hope so because these spicy rice paper tofu nuggets get so crispy in the air fryer while the tofu gets soft and melts in your mouth! I was really craving something crispy, but I didn’t have any bread crumbs on hand. Then, on the top of my pantry, I saw some rice paper sheets that looked like they needed to be used!
The cool thing about rice paper is that they are hard and brittle, and its lasts years in the pantry. However, once it hits some warm water, they become soft and noodle-like! This texture is great for the air fryer because it crisps up so easily.
I used some Dan O’s seasoning to season my tofu! I love that I can use one seasoning to flavor my recipe! Dan-O’s is completely gluten-free, low sodium, and all-natural!
- 5 oz tofu cubed
- 1 tbsp Dan O’s spicy seasoning
- 20-24 sheets of rice paper halved if necessary
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp siracha
- 1 tsp Dan O’s spicy seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Start by cubing up the tofu into 1x1x1″ cubes. Then sprinkle on some Dan O’s spicy seasoning.
- Cut the rice paper sheets in half. Dip one rice paper sheet in some boiling water and place it on a clean surface. Put one tofu cube near the top of the sheet and fold the rice paper so it covers the tofu.
- Spray the tofu nuggets with some cooking spray. Air fry the tofu nuggets at 350F for 8 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining the ingredients under “sauce”. Then microwave it for the 30s until a thick glossy consistency.
- Dump the nuggets into a large bowl and coat them with the sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!