Texas Brisket Chili
This Texas Brisket Chili is unlike any other chili recipe you’ve ever had. This adds a spicy twist with some Hot Chipotle Dan-O’s Seasoning. You may like chili with ground beef, but some incredible juicy brisket will blow you away.
The Tender Brisket
This recipe will definitely require a little more patience, but it will be well worth the wait. In total this recipe will take 5 hours to make, but this extra amount of time will make the brisket extra tender.
A Key Ingredient
The key ingredient that brings everything together is some Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning. It’s spicy, smoky, and sweet. This seasoning blends well with the chiles. Then the coffee and beer balance everything out.
- 1 – 3-4 lb brisket
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- 6 large dried ancho chiles
- 1 – 12 oz beer
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup of coffee
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- Preheat the smoker to 300 degrees. Place the brisket on a baking sheet and sprinkle Worcestershire sauce and coat in Dan-O’s Seasoning. Throw it in the smoker for 3 hours While that is cooking add the chiles to a pot and add water till it completely covers the chiles. Boil them in the water for 30 minutes. Take them out and put them in cold water. Then peel them and take out the flesh and throw out the skin.
- Put the chile flesh, one cup of broth, and Hot Chipotle Dan-O’s in a food processor and blend. Then fry the bacon in a pan and cut up your onion and garlic. Remove the bacon and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Then add the chile mixture on top. Now add in your beer, coffee, tomatoes, and two more cups of broth.
- Next, take the brisket out of the smoker and cut it up into smaller pieces and add it to the puree. Sprinkle in your cumin and the remainder of your broth. Cook on medium heat for 2 hours. Stir regularly
- Prepare your bowl by sprinkling chopped onion and sharp cheddar on top and serve.