We always used to think there was nothing better than watermelon in the summer. That’s before Dan-O’s came to be, and before the Dan-O’s Original Spicy Watermelon Recipe was born. This recipe is super simple, using only 4 ingredients with the watermelon included. And with this mix of spicy, sweet, and savory, this watermelon will be an absolute hit at summer shindigs!
So hear us out… one of the main ingredients of the Dan-O’s Spicy Watermelon Recipe is Chester Hot Fries. Not the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, even though we love those too 😉 But think about it, you get all that cheesy, crispy, and salty goodness. You add that with some lime and the savory blend of Dan-O’s Original Seasoning, and you’re gonna have some Dan-good melon.
What’s great about the hot fries & Dan-O’s Original Seasoning combination, is that you can use it on other stuff. You can even use it as a breading for fried chicken! All you have to do is crush up your hot fries and add your Dan-Os to it. Squeeze your lime on your freshly cut watermelon, then sprinkle on your Dan-O’s and hot fries mix. That’s it!
This spicy watermelon recipe will be the talk of your summer get-togethers. It’s a perfect appetizer or side for a tailgate, cookout, or taco-night. So get your towel ready, get to cutting that melon, and get ready to make some of the best Dan watermelon you ever had!
- Half Seedless Watermelon
- 1 Bag Chester Flamin’ Hot Fries
- 1 Whole Lime
- Spicy Dan-O’s
- Slice watermelon into triangles or whichever shape you would like and place on a serving dish
- Crush hot fries in Ziploc bag until it is almost powder form
- Squeeze 2-3 tablespoons of Dan-O’s Original Seasoning into the Ziploc bag and shake until mixed
- Slice lime in half and squeeze both halves onto watermelon slices
- Sprinkle hot fries powder onto your slice of watermelon and enjoy