Perfect Sweet Heat Smoked Wings
Ready for the perfect smoked wings? Look no further than these sweet heat smoked wings! This a Dan easy recipe, and is the perfect addition to a cookout, or just a watch party. You’re going to get a burst of bright citrus flavor that’s balanced out by the smoky heat of Dan-O’s Chipotle, and a lil flare from the hot peppers in the marinade. These wings offer up just the right amount of heat for most people, but you might want to have some blue cheese dip on the side! Serve these alongside bacon wrapped beef onion rings, and Dan’s stuffed spinach mushrooms for the perfect spread.
- 6 pasillo peppers
- ½ pineapple, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 habaneros
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 lb chicken wings
- 2 tbsp Dan-O’s Chipotle
- 12oz Lime Jarritos
- Rehydrate pasillo peppers in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes, remove seeds and skin
- To a blender add:
- Pineapple, pasillo peppers, mango, lime juice, jalapeno, habaneros, onion, garlic, Jarritos, and Dan-O’s Chipotle, blend until smooth
- In a large bowl mix together chicken wings and marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat the smoker to 400 degrees and smoke chicken wings for 1 hour or until 165 internal temperature.
- Remove, plate with lime wedge and enjoy!