Spicy stuffed italian sausage
Get a taste of heat with this meaty treat! Stuffed italian sausage is an easy, and fast meal that’s guaranteed to leave you full and wanting more. You can eat stuffed Italian sausage by itself or like a sandwich. I like mine with a hoagie roll with the bell peppers and onion laying down with the hot italian sausage on top with just a little bit of marinara! That’s that Yum Yum Get Ya Sum in every bite.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s keto friendly, it’s got great flavor, and it’s great for meal prepping. You can cook these on a Sunday and have lunch for a week no problem. You can also customize this to your liking by adding some mushrooms, or other favorite vegetables to the pan. You can also experiment with different cheeses to really make it your own. Try using a ricotta mixture or a nice gouda instead of cream cheese and see what ya think!
First pickle the jalapenos:
- Chop jalapenos and add to a mason jar
- In a large pot add water, apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar and bring to a boil and remove from heat and pour in a mason jar with chopped jalapenos.
- Add the lid and let sit for 2 hours.
- Add green peppers, onions, salt and pepper, and Dan-O’s Original to a 9×13 baking dish
- Butterfly the sausage link and place on top of the peppers and onions
- Sprinkle sausage with Dan-O’s Spicy
- Top sausage links with a slice of cream cheese, four jalapeno slices, and shredded cheese
- Bake 400 F for 25 minutes
- Serve immediately, enjoy!