These may be hanging, but they’re far from low-hanging fruit, in fact, these Smoked Stuffed Jalapenos are a banging appetizer you can whip up for your next game day! This is one of Dan’s signature dishes, everyone who’s had them always wants more. They’re pretty simple to make, just stuff the peppers with cream cheese, wrap them in bacon, and smoke! You could bake these if you don’t have access to a smoker but you’ll lose some of that smoky flavor that elevates these to the next level. If you don’t want bacon, forgo the bacon but you might consider mixing some beef or other ground meat with the cream cheese to add more flavor to the cheese and heat.
Now, just because we did jalapenos, that doesn’t mean you absolutely have to. You could try these with poblano, or habanero if you want more heat or whatever pepper your heart desires. Like any good recipe, you can experiment to find your own perfect recipe. Now, go make your own Smoked Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos! We aren’t sharing ours.
- 8 jalapenos
- 1 package of cream cheese
- Dill pickles
- Preheat smoker to 375
- Core the jalapenos
- Remove the seeds from three dill pickle slices and dice
- Add Cream cheese to a bowl and add diced dill pickle and Dan-O’s Original
- Pipe the cream cheese into the cored jalapenos and wrap with bacon
- Poke jalapenos through the rod and hang on the support wire
- Cook in the smoker at 375 for 1 hour.