A spicy take on movie theater popcorn! Save money on expensive theater popcorn, and add your own special kick to movie night by adding Dan-O’s.
Serving size is about 2.
- Popcorn pot
- Spicy Dan-O’s
- Good quality popcorn kernels
- Popcorn oil
- Popcorn salt
- Put your pot on medium heat. If you don’t have a popcorn pot made specifically for this task, a soup pot with a lid will also work! Just make sure to slightly angle it so steam doesn’t get trapped in the pot and make your popcorn soggy.
- Add 2 tsp of popcorn oil – movie theaters use coconut oil that has been dyed yellow, so if you’re going for that authentic movie theater look, you’ll need that. Otherwise, any sort of olive oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil will work. I like using the stuff they market as popcorn oil at the grocery store. Allow it to heat up a bit.
- Add 2 tsp of popcorn salt and 2 tsp of Spicy Dan-O’s (if your heart says to add more Dan-O’s, then you go ahead and pop that trigger finger. Just go easy on the popcorn salt until you can taste test,) to the oil and mix well.
- Once your mixture is hot, add 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels and close the lid.
- Stir or shake intermittently to avoid any burnt kernels, once the popping slows down, remove from heat, and carefully pour into a bowl.
- Top off with a little more Dan-O’s and popcorn salt, to taste.
- Curl up with your Netflix buddy and enjoy movie night!