Something beautiful just arrived at my Kentucky Kroger: Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoned deli chicken! I was so excited, I had to make some chicken salad about it. I even added in some spicy local-made pickles from Famous Daves to double down on the local goodness. Since there was no cooking of the chicken, these sandwiches took me about 10 minutes to make!
So how is the taste? The Dan-O’s Kroger chicken is very good, but if you love the flavor as much as me, you’ll want to add a little more. And if you’re trying to go spicy, the spicy pickles add a great little kick. You get some mellow flavor from the celery and a mild onion bite from the green onion. Next you get a little sour from the sour cream, a little tang from the mustard and mayo, garlic, and a little saltiness. This is flavor town!
Low key, this is how you make real Kentucky-style chicken salad sandwiches.. So take notes! Feel free to add more or less mayo depending on how much you like in your chicken salad. Also… if you do not have Dan-O’s Deli Chicken (a Kroger exclusive)… feel free to get some regular deli chicken and season it a bunch!
Serve with chips on some quality bread. Enjoy!
- 12 Oz Kroger Spicy Dan-O’s Deli Chicken
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbs fresh pickle relish
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 tbs stone-ground mustard
- 2 tbs Dan-O’s Seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Bread of choice
- Chop up your celery and green onion and set to the side. Dice up about 6 pickle slices for your pickle relish.
- Add chicken to a bowl, and add in veggies and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix with a spoon for about 1 minute.
- Serve on bread, lettuce wrap, etc. Do you!