Spicy, juicy and perfectly crispy chicken sandwich
Move over Chick-fil-a, get out of here Popeye’s, there’s a new Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich in town. Dan’s Signature Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich is the pinnacle of Chicken Sandwiches giving you the perfect mixture of juicy crispy chicken with enough heat to get your taste buds going and begging for more. The best part is if you don’t like it spicy, you can sub Dan-O’s original for the flour mixture, and buttermilk and still get a quality chicken sandwich out of it.
Pickle me, Dan O
Now, what makes this recipe a Chick-fil-a copycat begins and ends with brining the chicken in pickle juice. If it ain’t broke, then there isn’t much of a reason to try and fix it ya know? Brining the Chicken helps impart a deeper flavor, and helps break down some of the proteins in the chicken to make it less stringy and more plump and juicy instead. Of course, picking the right pickle to top the sandwich is just as important as brining the chicken. We recommend a nice crisp sliced Dill Pickle. Two to four slices will send this sandwich to flavor nirvana.
Whether you’re a Chick-fil-a loyalist or a connoisseur of Chicken Sandwiches, this signature crispy chicken sandwich is guaranteed to be a favorite in your home. Yum Yum Get Ya Sum!
@danosseasoning Check out this Dantastic crispy chicken sandwich🔥 #DanOsSeasoning #krogerdeals #walmart #wholesale #foodie ♬ original sound - Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Chicken Breasts
- Pickle Juice
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- Corn starch
- Neutral or peanut oil
- Brioche Buns
- ½ Cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- Dill Pickle
- Tenderize chicken breasts and set in pickle juice for a minimum of 4 hours but preferably overnight
- Heat a decent amount of oil in a deep pan, leaving a couple of inches of clearance from the lip of the pan to the oil
- Make a batter with your buttermilk, paprika, and spicy Dan-O’s. Experiment around with the spices to find something that suits your taste but we did about 2 tbsp of Spicy Dan-O’s and 1 tbsp of Paprika to start with
- Mix your flour and cornstarch together, probably a 2 to 1 ratio of flour to starch
- Dip your pickle brined chicken breasts in your buttermilk mixture and drip off excess then toss in your flour mixture
- Gently dip into your hot oil and fry until golden and crispy