Mexican American food and breakfast lovers rejoice! This spicy breakfast Quesadilla has a Southwest feel with some of your American breakfast favorites. This spicy, rich and flavor-packed breakfast item is sure to please any pallet.
Unlike a lot of sincronizadas, I usually use turkey instead of ham and skip the beans. I also have a great technique for bringing your deli turkey to life and adding new flavor to it. Then all these fresh veggies bring it together!
And to make this fancy and even spicier, I made a simple Chipotle sauce that anyone can make. All you need is crema (or sour cream), cilantro, spicy Dan-O’s and Chipotle in Adobo. Finish off with some cilantro and cotija cheese.
Serve spicy breakfast Quesadilla with a side of choice. Enjoy!
- (2) 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz deli turkey
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 slices Colby jack cheese
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/4 small red onion
- 2 eggs
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Cotija cheese
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup crema
- 1 large Chipotle in Adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp spicy Dan-O’s
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- Add crema, Chipotle pepper, cilantro and 1 tbsp Dan-O’s to a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Put Chipotle sauce in fridge to set.
- Cook your bacon. Slice your tomato, red onion, and cilantro. Dice up your turkey.
- Heat a pan to medium and add your turkey to the pan and heat for 1-2 minutes adding in some spicy Dan-O’s and bacon grease for flavor. Remove turkey from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp bacon grease to pan. Crack 2 eggs and add them to the pan. Break the yoke and season them with spicy Dan-O’s. Cook for about 2 minutes and flip for one more. Remove egg from pan.
- Build your Quesadilla with tortilla cheese, egg, turkey, bacon, tomato, red onion, and more cheese (in that order). Add a second tortilla on top to complete.
- Turn your pan down to medium low. Place your Quesadilla in the pan and cook for about 45 seconds – 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat and add a cover to the pan and let Quesadilla finish warming for 3-4 mins.
- Cut your Quesadilla and add to a plate. Drizzle with Chipotle crema, then sprinkle on cotija cheese and cilantro.