I have discovered Dan-O’s Seasoning and black bean burgers are a match made in heaven! And these are going to be some of the best meat-free burgers you ever had. They aren’t mushy, they stay together well… if you follow the instructions. This spicy BBQ black bean burger recipe is also super cheap! I even spent no money since I had most of the stuff 🙂
So you start with a regular old can of black beans. The way you keep them from being mushy is to bake them for about 12 minutes to dry them partially. And where your flavor comes in is two parts: Dan-O’s Seasoning (the best seasoning ever seriously), and some sauteed vegetables. I diced and sauteed garlic, onion, and a hatch green chile for a little kick!
I did not have bread crumbs… so I got a little extra. I crushed up some club crackers, added parm cheese, and added Dan-O’s. So good and flavorful! Mix in with your veggies and baked black beans, then mix in an egg and a generous portion of Dan-O’s, and you’re almost in business. Mash and mix, and leave some bean chunks for texture! Coat each side of the patties with Dan-O’s Seasoning.
Dress with whatever you got! I used Roma tomatoes, red onion, and bag lettuce. I also used mozzarella cheese… and the same BBQ I always use if I’m not making my own, Sweet Baby Rays! After it’s done, you’ll have a wonderful black bean burger that’s oniony, with a kick from the peppers, some nice garlic flavor… BBQ sauce, and fresh tomatoes. Oh man!
Seriously… this black bean burger recipe is going to make the best you’ve ever had! Enjoy!
- Can of black beans
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs (or make your own)
- ⅛ cup Dan-O’s Seasoning
- ¼. Small Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Diced Garlic
- 1 Green pepper (can use jalapeno or green chile)
- BBQ sauce
- Buns, cheese, and toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lay foil on baking sheet
- Drain can of black beans most of the way, then spread out on baking sheet. Coat in Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Let beans bake for 12 minutes
- Dice up onion, garlic, and pepper
- Saute onion, garlic and pepper until softened while beans bake
- Remove beans and veggies from heat. Combine in a bowl
- Add Dan-O’s Seasoning, bread crumbs, and an egg to the mixture
- Mash and mix together, leaving some good size chunks of beans
- Form patties, coat each side with Dan-O’s, and cook on well-oiled baking sheet for 10 minutes on each side
- Let cool down for 5 minutes. Add to bun with your favorite toppings, drizzle BBQ sauce, and enjoy!