Dan-Good Smoked Queso
This Dan-Good smoked queso recipe comes just in time for our favorite time of the year here in Kentucky… Derby. Derby is a big deal in our home state of Kentucky. Across our state, we have big derby parties with betting, bourbon, and some of the best appetizers you’ll ever eat.
The Perfect Recipe For Derby
This smoked queso recipe would be the perfect recipe for a derby party. It yields a ton of servings and it will be more than enough for the entire party. Plus it doesn’t require too much prep work.
Just the Right Amount of Heat
This recipe does have some heat to it, but it’s not too overpowering. We like to think that this is just the right amount of heat with jalapenos, pepper jack, and Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle.
If you’re looking for other good recipes for the smoker, try our smoked bologna chub recipe.
- 1 large block of Velveeta
- 1 block of pepper jack
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb of sausage
- 1 cup of Half & Half
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle and Dan-O’s Spicy
- 1 large jar of Herdez Salsa
- In a large pan, add some olive oil and cook your sausage.
- Season your meat with Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- Cut your cheese into small blocks and add into a large foil pan on one side
- Slice your peppers and tomatoes and add to the pan
- Add your sausage, peppers, tomatoes, and salsa into the pan
- Drizzle ¼ cup of half and half over the cheese
- Place on the smoker at 225-250˚F for about an hour or until cheese is melted stirring occasionally
- Grab your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!