Pork Belly Ramen with a kick!
Give your tastebuds a trip to the land of the rising sun with this smoked pork belly ramen! This ramen gives a kick of heat with the smoked pork belly and hot sauce. It’s a hearty bowl that’s bound to keep you warm and full throughout the winter night. We keep it simple with instant high quality ramen like Samyang or nongshim to give us a nice salty and light taste with their thin slurpable noodles.
Smoked pork belly ramen your way!
The beautiful part of ramen is how easy it is to spruce up and really make your own. Here’s some of our favorite additions to make your ramen unique. You can easily add in vegetables, like carrots, mushrooms, or cabbage and throw it in your broth until tender. Add additional protein with a soft boiled egg cut in half or just crack an egg straight into the simmering broth and let it cook for about 6 minutes for a nice poached egg. You could throw away the entire flavor packet, and make your own broth from either bone or bouillon cube. Finally, give your smoked pork belly ramen some oomph with aromatics like fresh garlic, ginger, and green onion!
- Coat pork belly with Dan-O’s Spicy
- Cook on smoker at 275 for 3 hours
- Remove from smoker and wrap with foil and add beef stock
- Cook for 1 more hour, remove and let rest for 1 hour
- Preheat water and boil Ramen per instructions but only using 1 packet
- Add Dan-O’s Spicy and Chipotle
- Add Cholula to taste
- Remove ramen from heat and ladle into a bowl
- Top with sliced pork belly and Dan-O’s to taste.