These crowd pleasing, cheese-filled meatballs are perfect for tailgates, parties, or served over your favorite pasta.
- 1 lb beef
- 1 lb mild sausage
- 1 cup breadcrumb
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons Dan-O’s Original
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Whole mozzarella balls
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup parsley
- Combine all meatball ingredients except the mozzarella in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until fully combined.
- Take a golf ball sized piece of the ground beef mixture and place a piece of mozzarella in the middle. Press meat around the piece of cheese, fully enclosing it. Repeat until all meat is used.
- Place meatballs in a slow cooker and submerge in sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-2½ hours, or until meat is fully cooked.
- Serve by itself or over pasta.