Quick and Tasty Black Pepper Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Get ready to Pop that trigger finger on these delicious, quick, and easy Black Pepper Shrimp Lettuce wraps! The perfect meal for a warm spring day that’ll have you longing for the beach. These make for a great weeknight dinner with how fast they cook, and they’ll be plenty to serve making them great for families or meal prep.
A crucial aspect of this recipe is the lime juice, not only does it add a nice citrus flavor but it’s key in keeping the shrimp tender and juicy. You may be loosely familiar with the process of citric acid cooking shrimp from Ceviche. The science behind it is that the acidity of the lime juice helps break down the proteins of the shrimp, which along with the heat from the skillet, will help keep the shrimp’s flavor bright, a little tart and refreshing.
A great part about these Black Pepper Shrimp Lettuce Wraps is how much room there is for improvisation. You can top these with a creamy sriracha mayo, or Dan-O’s ranch. A nice Pico De gallo or a fresh Mango Salsa would pair great on top of these. No matter how you top these Black Pepper Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, they’re guaranteed to be a Spring favorite!
1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp, diced
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Start by heating some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in 2 diced yellow onions, 1 tablespoon of black pepper, 1 tablespoon of ground coriander, the juice of 1 lime and some Dan-O’s Original. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add in 2 pounds of diced shrimp and the juice of 1 more lime. Cook for about 8 minutes until the shrimp is done.
- When you serve, wrap in leaves of iceberg lettuce, and feel free to add more Dan-O’s.