SPEAK MY DAN LANGUAGE
Ready for the best buffalo chicken sliders or sandwiches you’ve ever had? We have you covered! These shredded buffalo chicken sliders are flavored with Dan-O’s, a perfect homemade buffalo sauce, and topped with crispy lettuce and blue cheese. They’re absolutely perfect for game day, tailgates, or a spicy Dan-O’s kind of day at home.
To start, I like to use big, thick chicken breasts whenever I make shredded chicken anything. They give you nice long strands of shredded chicken that make your food stay together better and hold in more flavor. For this reason, I used full chicken breasts which I brined for about 4 hours with salt, water, Dan-O’s and spicy pickle juice. I give the breasts a healthy coating of spicy Dan-O’s on each side, give them a nice pan sear, and then finish in the oven.
Now for the buffalo sauce, I went a very traditional route and used about 5 ingredients. This, however, is some of the best buffalo sauce you can get… so take notes! I recommend using Frank’s or Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo sauce, then the only other things you need are garlic, honey, and butter, and Dan-O’s. My recipe will give you enough to make these buffalo chicken sliders twice, but you’ll definitely want the extra and it will keep in the fridge for about a week.
You could use this shredded buffalo chicken technique for a dip, wrap, or tacos and the buffalo sauce for wings, or anything else buffalo style! Also, don’t be weak and leave out the blue cheese crumbles. The funkiness and creaminess of the cheese balanced with the acid of the sauce is a must. Just try it!
Serve shredded buffalo chicken sliders with celery and tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of hot sauce (franks or similar)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Slider buns
- Clue cheese crumbles
- Shredded lettuce
- Coarse salt
- Spicy pickle juice (optional)
- Brine your chicken breasts. Mix together 1 tbsp coarse salt with 1 cup of water until salt is dissolved. Mix in about a tsp of spicy Dan-O’s and a splash of pickle juice. Pour in a bag with the thawed out chicken breasts to brine for about 4 hours.
- Cook your chicken. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from brine and dry off with a paper towel. Coat each side with a liberal amount of spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning, and quickly sear the chicken breasts in an oiled pan on medium heat. Move chicken over to a baking sheet to finish cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest.
- Make your buffalo sace. Add 1 stick of butter to a saucepan and allow to melt on medium low heat. Skim off the fat on the top of the buffalo sauce until it’s clarifed. Mix in 1 tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp honey, and about a tbsp of spicy Dan-O’s. Mix in your full cup of hot sauce, and whisk together on medium low for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to low until your ready to use sauce.
- Shred your chicken and toast your buns. Shred chicken by ripping into strands with two forks or by hand. Brush buns with butter and toast at 350 for 4-5 minutes.
- Add desired amount of buffalo sauce to shredded chicken and mix together. Save some for the sandwiches. Build your sandwiches with chicken, a spoonful of sauce, a pinch of blue cheese crumbles, and shredded lettuce.
- Serve with chips and celery. Enjoy!