How to Make Dan-O’s Reuben Dip
Are you a big fan of Reubens? I bet you never thought of turning it into a dip. This tasty Reuben dip recipe is just in time for the Super Bowl coming up and it’s something the whole party can enjoy.
Grinding the Meat for the Reuben Dip
This appetizer recipe combines corned beef brisket and some tasty bacon to make a Dantastic meaty and cheesy dip. Having a meat grinder will make this much easier, but if don’t have one you can use a food processor or blender instead. If you do this method, make sure to add meat in small batches so you don’t overwhelm the food processor.
The Choice is Yours
When Dan-O made the meal, he used small French Baguette slices and toasted them in the oven. He only did that because he isn’t a huge fan of Rye bread. If you want the authentic Reuben experience, you can use toasted rye bread instead. You can even just use a potato some chips if you want. It’s up to you!
- 2 lb of corned beef brisket
- 1/2 lb of bacon, ground
- 2 cups of sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup thousand island dressing
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1 6 oz bag of sliced swiss cheese
- Rye Bread, Baguette, or Potato Chips to use for Dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Grind the corned beef and bacon in a meat grinder
- Cook the meat in a large oven-safe frying pan or skillet until browned. Now turn the burner off Add sauerkraut, mayo, sour cream, thousand island dressing, and coat with Dan-O’s Original on the top. Mix everything together
- Now add the mozzarella cheese and mix.
- Tear up the cheese into smaller squares and place it on top of the dip. Turn the burner back on to a lower temperature and allow the cheese to begin to melt. Mix the cheese in and add more to the top. Continue to mix the cheese in the pan.