Crispy potato tacos made T-Bell style with fresh, homemade jalapeno ranch. This is an easy recipe that’s inexpensive and better than the original! You can also make these without frying your potatoes to make these healthier than their fast-food counterpart. I say T-Bell style because of the similar ingredients, but this isn’t a copycat recipe. These are better and unique!
To begin, you want some large russet potatoes. You’ll want to peel them, and then cut them into 1 inch cubes. From there, you will boil them, coat them in seasoning, flour and oil, then bake them. You’ll be surprised how crispy then turn out while being healthier and mess-free!
For the jalapeno ranch, you just need 3 main ingredients… and Dan-O’s Seasoning, of course. Those ingredients are sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeno. The Original Dan-O’s Seasoning is great here, as it has a green tint to it and won’t discolor your sauce. It doesn’t taste exactly like the T-bell sauce, but it’s fresh, natural, and delicious.
Serve potato tacos with chips and salsa or a salad. Enjoy!
- 3-4 russet potatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno
- Vegetable oil
- Dan-O’s Seasoning (spicy and original)
- Misc seasonings (salt, paprika, pepper, turmeric)
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into 1 inch cubes. Add potatoes to a salted pot of boiling water and boil for about 10-12 minutes until they soften. Remove from heat, set to the side, and preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a blender, add in your sour cream and cilantro. Cut the stem off your jalapeno and deeseed for less heat (optional), then add to blender. Mix in 2 tbsp Dan-O’s Seasoning, about 1 tsp of fresh cracked pepper, and a half tsp of salt. Blend until smooth and then set in the fridge.
- Strain your potatoes and rinse in cold water. In a separate bowl, add in 1 cup of flour, about 2-3 tbsp of spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning, a dash of paprika, a dash of turmeric, salt, and pepper. Add in your potatoes and toss until lightly coated. Add in about 2 tbsp of oil, then continue to toss.
- Add potatoes to an oiled baking sheet, and spray with cooking oil. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, flip potatoes over, and spray the other side with oil. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Build potato tacos by adding lettuce, potatoes, jalapeno ranch, and cheese.