How to Make Pork and Cabbage New Year’s Good Luck Meal
A Good Luck Meal
Bring in the New Year with this pork and cabbage good luck meal. Good luck foods are an old tradition that brings about good health, happiness, and wealth. Many “lucky foods” from cultures around the world are thought to bring good fortune when eaten on New Year’s.
Juicy Mouthwatering Pork
This tasty meal gives you some mouth-watering flavor due to the juicy pork. The extra veggies add in some additional texture and consistency. All of this combines gives you one Dantastic good luck meal.
Pork can be hard to cook sometimes because it’s easy to overcook which can cause it to be dry and lack flavor. When done right though it’s delicious.
The Key to this Recipe is in the Seasoning
The key to getting this meal right ultimately comes down to the seasoning. With Dan-O’s you really don’t have to be afraid of using it. With this seasoning, you really can’t go wrong and it is perfect for veggies or pork. Follow these few steps for this amazing pork and cabbage meal to bring some good luck to your whole family and start the new year right.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound of boneless pork tenderloin cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head shredded Cabbage
- 1 diced Onion
- Dano’s to taste
- 1-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat: cook and stir pork in hot oil add Dano’s until browned, about 10 minutes. put to the side in a bowl.
- Heat butter in the same skillet: cook and stir cabbage until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir onion into the cabbage and cook until onion is translucent, stirring often about 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle vegetables with Dano’s: pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth into skillet. Raise heat to medium-high and cook broth is nearly evaporated: pour remaining 1 cup broth into skillet.
- Return pork to skillet and add red and green peppers and cover: cook until peppers start to soften about 10 minutes.