Tender cod filets
Next time someone asks if you cod make dinner then have no fear because you’ll have these Dan-tastic pan seared cod to make. If you’re like us then you’ll have one bite of these fork tender cod filets with a little kick of heat and be saying “Holy mackerel, that’s Dan-good!” When you make pan seared cod, you have a plethora of options of what to serve with it. We recommend it with some roasted brussels sprouts, air fried okra, or even mac & cheese bombs.
Health benefits of Cod
Eating fish has some great health benefits, but cod in particular is a solid choice for those trying to make some healthier meal choices. Cod is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, an essential fat which can help reduce cholesterol. Cod is an excellent source of Vitamin B12, niacin, phosphorus, selenium, choline, and iodine while offering 20 grams of protein in a 4 oz serving!
- Preheat cast iron skillet to a medium temperature
- Season cod skin side down
- Add olive oil to skillet and place cod seasoning side down, cook 2 minutes
- Flip and coat other side of cod with Dan-O’s
- Add butter to skillet and squeeze with lemon juice
- Let render down and remove the cod from the skillet.
- Plate and enjoy!