An epic chicken sandwich recipe. Tangy, smoky, a little sweet, a little spicy. Fresh ingredients. You can’t go wrong with this one here! This vinaigrette recipe is also the bomb, as it has fresh orange juice, Dan-O’s, sweet honey, and tangy mustard. You’ll want to make this all the time!
First, we’ll start with the vinaigrette. Ultimately, we will end up marinating our chicken in this. This recipe calls for enough marinade for about 1.5 lbs of chicken. If you are doing more, consider doubling. Use a good balsamic vinegar, good olive oil, a nice fresh orange, and some good honey. The orange can be substituted for lemon or lime, but trust me on the orange. Save a little of this vinaigrette for topping your sandwiches at the end!
Second, is the chicken. I like to use full chicken breasts on these sandwiches for full epicness, but really you can slice the chicken too. You want to let this chicken marinade for about 5-6 hours before grilling. Grill on a hot grill (500 + degrees) and aim for good sear marks. This vinaigrette has a good amount of sugar, so getting the grill marks should be no problem.
Third, is the sandwich. Do NOT skip the toasting of the bun. Spread some softened butter on the inside of the top and bottom bun, and on a pan or flat surface for 30-45 seconds until golden and slightly charred. Bacon is optional, but pulls the whole thing together. Use spicy pickles too, and add some Dan-O’s to your mayonnaise!
Serve Orange Vinaigrette Grilled Chicken Sandwich with your favorite side and some chips. Enjoy!
For the Vinaigrette
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs chicken boneless chicken breast (3 medium-sized breasts)
- 6 strips of bacon
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Lettice, tomato, onion, spicy pickles
- Choice of good quality buns
- Mix all your ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season your chicken breasts heavily with Dan-O’s Original, then place them in a bag. Pour the vinaigrette into the bag and seal shut. Keep a small amount of vinaigrette for drizzling on the sandwich later. Place in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Place the chicken out for about 30 minutes to warm up to room temperature while still in the bag. Pre-slice your veggies.
- Preheat your grill to high and oil your grates. Take chicken out of the bag and shake off any excess marinade. Place on the grill and cook until done and then remove from grill. Grill bacon or cook indoors via your preferred method.
- While your chicken rests, toast your buns by spreading insides with butter and cooking in a medium-high pan for around 20-30 seconds.
- Build your sandwich with mayo (sprinkled with Dan-O’s), onion, chicken breast, bacon, tomato, spicy pickles, and a spoonful of vinaigrette.