These crab cakes are a sea breeze to make
No need to be crabby when you make these mouthwatering weeknight one skillet crab cakes for dinner! These one skillet crab cakes are made from colossal crab but it’s far from a colossal undertaking to whip them up for dinner. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make them, making them perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. These are also pretty customizable, you could swap Dan-O’s spicy for Dan-O’s chipotle or Original depending on your tastes. You could even use some Dan-O’s crunchy if you want a little more munch on these Dan-lectable crab cakes.
Imitation canned crab vs authentic canned crab
Imitation crab is a pretty common site, if you’ve had sushi then you’ve probably had it. It can be hard to get fresh seafood in landlocked states but canned crab is an easy way to get great taste without outrageous prices. Imitation crab, as you might imagine, is not crab at all. It’s primarily made with surimi, which for lack of a better description is fish paste. The main goal is to create a crab-like texture base. There’s nothing wrong with it but real crab tastes better any day of the week. Canned crab is still real crab, but it’s always going to be pre-cooked. Fresh crab is of course best, but for a quick crab cake meal with real taste canned crab works fine.
- 1 lb Chicken of the Sea canned colossal crab
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs, plus an additional 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of kentuxican hot sauce
- ½ cup of mayo
- Juice of half a lemon
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- 1 cup high quality mayo
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- Kentuxican hot sauce
- Dan-O’s Chipotle
- White wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp coarse ground dijon mustard
- Preheat an oven to 400 fahrenheit
- In a bowl, mix together your ingredients until well combined. Form into little cakes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then put about 2 tbsp of avocado oil in.
- Sear the cakes for 1 minute on each side before transferring to oven
- Bake the seared cakes for 10 minutes before flipping and baking another 5.
- Serve with sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and serve with crab cakes.