Today we’re cooking up a mashed potato and steak madeira recipe that will knock your Dan socks off. This recipe will have a complex, rich flavor from the sauce, and a wonderful herb and spice profile from the Dan-O’s. Add some tender sirloin steak and some hearty mashed potatoes. That’s Dan Good! This is one of those easy, delectable recipes that’s sure to impress.
First, we’re going to peel some potatoes and add them to boiling water for our mashed potatoes portion of the recipe. We’re going to hit our steaks with a generous portion of Dan-O’s Seasoning, and then get them in the pan. While our steaks are cooking, we’ll be chopping our mushrooms and onions to go in the sauce. You getting hungry yet?
Once our steaks are cooked to about rare, we’re going to remove them to rest and add back later. Then you’re going to want to deglaze your pan with the madeira wine, add your beef stock, and then add the onions and mushrooms. Let your sauce reduce, and thicken up with corn starch water. Add your steaks back in to finish cooking, and we’re almost ready to eat!
Once you have your mashed potatoes ready, you can start to plate and drizzle! You’re going to have a tender steak, rich mashed potatoes, and a beautiful sauce. We can’t begin to tell you how Dan good it is! So enjoy a delicious, easy dinner with the Dan-O’s Mashed Potatoes and Madeira Steak Recipe. Bon Appetite!
- 3 Large Potatoes
- 2 Steaks (of your choice)
- 2 Cups Mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 1 ½ cups of Madeira Wine
- Original Dan-O’s
- ¼ Cup Flour (Optional)
- Before beginning add 1 tbsp of oil to a skillet and turn on med-high heat. Begin a large pot of boiling water
- Start with removing most of the skin off of the potatoes, cut into halves and toss into boiling water
- Chop up mushrooms into ½ inch thick slices and dice onion into bite sized pieces
- Cover both sides of your steak in Original Dan-O’s and place on the heated skillet.
- Flip steak over after about 3-4 minutes and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and place on plate to rest. (Cook time varies by how you like your steak cooked.)
- Deglaze by pouring about 1 ½ cups of Madeira wine into pan used to cook steak.
- Place all mushrooms and onions into pan with Madeira wine and stir constantly until the mixture reduces to a gravy. Add the flour to thicken quicker.
- Once mixture reduces to a thick gravy consistency, place steaks back into the pan to continue cooking.
- After potatoes are soft enough to mash, remove from water and place in a bowl alongside ½ stick of butter, ¼ cup of milk, about 3 tbsp of Original Dan-O’s and a heaping scoop of sour cream.
- Mash potatoes to your liking and serve alongside potatoes and gravy drizzled on top.