A quick and easy lamb chop recipe from Chef Justice Hunter featuring a fresh and flavorful Dan-O’s marinade.
- 1 lb lamb chop
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Start by mixing up a marinade. Use 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp Dan-O’s Original Seasoning and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar.
- Brush 1 pound of lamb chops very generously on each side with your marinated oil mixture.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan on medium high heat until smoking. Spray or rub in a light but even coating of any high smoke point oil.
- Drop in your lamb then lightly press it down to encourage crust formation. Sear for 1-2 minutes per side just until a beautiful sear has developed on both sides.
- Stick a thermometer probe in and transfer to a preheated 450 Fahrenheit oven until it reaches your desired doneness. I prefer my lamb medium so I stop at 128 Fahrenheit.
- After your desired temp has been reached remove from the hot pan and let rest for 4 minutes.
- I like to serve over mashed potatoes and topping with a basil pesto spiked with fresh mint. Enjoy!