Bacon seasoned with spicy Dan-O’s, with a honey, maple, bourbon glaze and brown sugar. Savory, spicy, bourbon, sweet. This is it! This still is super easy to make, and if you have bacon and Dan-O’s, you’ll likely have the other ingredients on hand.
This Spicy Dan-O’s Bourbon Candied Bacon only takes about 30 minutes to make, and takes just minutes of effort. The spicy Dan-O’s gives it a whole other level of flavor too! Not too spicy, and just right. It can be enjoyed as is, or chopped up for a topping on any type of desert.
- 5 slices of thick-cut bacon
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay bacon out on a cooking rack and season both sides with spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is done and slightly crispy.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. In a small bowl, mix together honey, maple syrup and bourbon. Microwave for about 20 seconds, mix together, and then brush onto the bacon. From there, sprinkle on some brown sugar and rub into the bacon.
- Place bacon back into the oven for 3-5 minutes until sugar starts to caramelize and cook down. Remove bacon from oven.
- Allow bacon to cool for 10-15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!