The Perfect Twist On a Classic Chicken Sandwich
This Mango Chipotle Chicken Sandwich is the perfect twist on a classic chicken sandwich. The mango marinade is unlike anything you’ve tried. This adds a bit of sweet and tangy flavor to this sandwich. Then when you combine that with the spicy flavors of Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle you get a wonderful blend of spicy and sweet.
Additional Tips To Follow
Prior to marinating the chicken make sure to fillet it (slice in half to create two thin pieces of chicken). This will massively cut down on the overall cook time of the chicken. We also recommend marinating the chicken for at least 1 hour, before cooking, but if you have more time you can marinate the chicken for 24 hours. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more of that flavor the chicken will be able to absorb.
A Smoky Mango Chipotle Chicken Sandwich
For this recipe, if you do not have a smoker or grill that you can use, you can always use a pan or skillet instead. Just know that you will be missing out on some of the smoky flavors. When the sandwich is smoked, it just adds an extra flavor that you would otherwise be missing out on.
- 1-½ cups of mango lemonade
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- Filleted chicken breast
- Hamburger buns
- Boarshead chipotle gouda slices
- In a bowl combine the mango lemonade and Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle seasoning. Place the chicken in the bowl and make sure they are fully submerged. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Smoke the chicken at 225˚F for about 45 min until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F
- Top with cheese, when melted remove it from the smoker
- Add some butter to a warm skillet and rub buns face down until they are toasted
- Add your toppings, and enjoy!