How to Make a Stuffed Onion Bomb
A Keto-Friendly Appetizer That Everyone Will Enjoy
Doing a Keto diet is hard enough. It’s even more difficult when trying to make a healthy appetizer that your friends would enjoy and that you can eat too. That’s what makes these stuffed onion bombs so awesome. They are delicious and Keto friendly.
The Key Ingredients
One key way to keep these onion bombs a Keto recipe is by using pork rinds. There is an alternative to using bread crumbs, but those are higher in carbohydrates. Pork Rinds contain zero carbs. Plus they give you that crunch that you are looking for.
Another key ingredient in this stuffed onion bombs recipe is Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning. This will help add that spicy, smoky flavor that will bring everything together. Also, all of Dan-O’s Seasoning has zero sugar and zero carbs so it’s perfect for a keto diet as well.
Looking for other good keto recipes? Try our keto bell pepper sandwich recipe.
- 4 large yellow onions
- 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1 egg
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning
- 1/4 cup pork rinds (or breadcrumbs if you are not trying to make this recipe keto)
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (1 tbsp will have about 3g of carbs)
- 2 oz (¼ cup) cheddar cheese cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the ends off each end of the onion, peel, and remove the inner layers. Your onion should be a bottomless, hollow shell. 1/2″ thick.
- After the onion shell is ready place it in a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix combine ground beef, egg, Dan-O’s Seasoning, pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and Worcestershire.
- Press about one tablespoon of the ground beef mixture into each onion (the exact amount depends on the size of the onion)
- Press down with your fingers to compact the meat, making an indentation in the middle of your meat where you can insert a cube of cheese.
- Fill your onion to top with more meat mixture to cover the cheese.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until golden brown.