You’re going to need a few napkins for this one! This Kentucky Bourbon Bacon Jam Burger is fit for a Kentucky king! This smoked, juicy burger is loaded with sweet, balcony, bourbony jam, melty cheese, a fried egg, and a snappy pickle. Add in some Dan-O’s Seasoning everywhere you can fit it, and that’s a Dan Good burger!
- 1 burger patty per person
- 12 oz of bacon
- 2 small shallots
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ oz Kentucky bourbon
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- ½ cup mayo
- Colby jack cheese
- 1 egg per person
- Cooking oil
- Choice of buns
- Pickle slices
- Get your smoker started and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Dice up bacon and cut up your shallots. Season bacon with spicy Dan-O’s and cook in a medium heated pan until cooked, but not crispy. Remove bacon and drain most of the grease.
- Add your shallots in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add in 1. 5 oz of Kentucky bourbon to deglaze the pan. Add a few pops of spicy Dan-O’s and cook for 2-3 more minutes until alcohol cooks out and shallots are caramelized.
- Add in your maple syrup and reduce for a few minutes until it thickens up, mixing consistently. Add bacon back to pan, give everything a stir, and turn off the heat.
- In another pan, add in a few tbsp of cooking oil and mix in some Dan-O’s. Crack an egg into the pan and fry for a few minutes until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Add your burgers to the smoker and cook until desired internal temperature, flipping halfway. Add your cheese during the last few minutes of cooking. Remove from smoker and turn smoker off once cooked.
- Build your burger with your bun, Dan-O’s seasoned mayo, seasoned pickles, burger patty, bacon jam, and your fried egg.