BEST DAN SEASONING
Dan-O’s here with another awesome way to get your greens! While less common than cold salads, grilling your salad is an excellent way to cook your greens because it adds a wealth of contrast, texture, and smokiness. And we’re doing ours up with a fan favorite, the Dan-O’s Vinaigrette recipe off the Dan-O’s Seasoning bottle. You may love this Grilled Romaine Lettuce Recipe so much you’ll never think of salads the same again.
If you’ve been keeping up with our videos, we’ve shown you a few different vinaigrette recipes by now, but this one here is the classic! After we whip this up, we will be cutting our romaine heads in half longways. Once you have done that, fill them up inside with our vinaigrette as shown in the video. Then we’re sprinkling some parmesan cheese for added texture and cheesiness. That’s Dan Good!
We’re cooking our romaine hearts on a hot charcoal grill, which will add a smoky flavor to the dish. As the romaine caramelizes, the outside will take on a texture reminiscent of cooked greens while the inside maintains some crunch. You’ll get a little cheese flavor, a nice herb and spice profile from the Dan-O’s, and a contrast of cooked and crunchy greens. And with only about a 5 minutes cook time, you’ll love having this trick up your sleeve.
We love bringing you easy grilling recipes and sides to serve with your Dan-O-Myte proteins. So we hope you enjoy the Dan-O’s Grilled Romaine Lettuce Recipe, as well as the Classical Dan-O’s Vinaigrette Recipe! Crunch on!
- Romaine lettuce hearts
- Original Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- White wine vinegar
- Red wine vinegar
- Parmesan Cheese
- In a bowl, put equal parts Dan-O’s, olive oil, white wine vinegar and red wine vinegar and mix.
- Cut romaine lettuce lengthwise and pour vinaigrette onto one side of the romaine lettuce. Let the dressing soak in and place flat side up on the grill.
- Drizzle parmesan cheese on top of the lettuce before flipping to the flat side. You can also choose to drizzle balsamic glaze on as well.
- Grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and Dan-O’s, plate and serve!