We all know that Mac N Cheese is a great side dish for any chicken entree, but few of us know that when you combine the two the real magic happens! This Grilled Chicken Mac N Cheese recipe is one of those dishes where protein and side collide, bringing you cheesy, grilled, well-seasoned tastes with minimal effort.
So first off, this recipe is somewhat of a mac N cheese hack, because making an awesome mac N cheese can be very easy. All you need is some evaporated milk, butter, and some quality cheese! I highly recommend grating your own cheese. Also, similar to a roux, you want the juices and herbs from the cooked chicken in your cheese sauce… so don’t use a second pan or wash yours!
If it were up to me, I would have cooked my chicken on the actual grill, but pan grilling was just fine. Of course, Dan-O’s Seasoning came through with the perfect herb crust and made the flavoring part as easy as possible!
Serve Grilled Chicken Mac N Cheese with a salad or greens maybe. Enjoy!
- 1 16 oz container of elbow macaroni
- 2 large chicken breasts (butterfly cut)
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 8 oz of freshly grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs flour
- Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Grate your cheese and set to the side. Butterfly cut your chicken breasts, and season each side liberally with Dan-O’s Seasoning.
- Bring water to a boil for your elbow macaroni and heat a pan to medium.
- Boil macaroni until soft and grill chicken in the pan to 160 degrees internal temperature. Drain your macaroni and set the chicken to the side.
- In the same pan you cooked your chicken in, add 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs of flour. Mix together on medium heat, then mix in your evaporated milk. Slowly mix in the cheese and stir until melted and cheese sauce forms. Season cheese sauce with pepper and salt if desired and let reduce for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Pour cheese sauce in the pot with macaroni and mix together.
- Add macaroni to bowl, and top with slices of grilled chicken. Drizzle over sriracha and add fresh parsley.