How to Make French Onion Chicken Thighs
Get a Tasty Crunchy Bite With French Onion Chicken
Looking for a tasty, crunchy bite of chicken tonight for dinner? This French Onion Chicken Thighs Recipe is the perfect option. This flavor-rich recipe gives you a delicious meal while still being diet-friendly. Not interested in the crunch? Try our original chicken thighs recipe.
It’s also all put together in a single baking dish. That makes for an easy clean-up. You won’t need one pan for the chicken, one pot for the rice, and another for the soup mix.
After you chop up the onions just combine everything together in a standard 13×9 baking dish and throw it in the oven at 350 degrees for a combined hour and a half. It really is a set it and forget it type of meal.
Simple to Make With a Mouthwatering Taste
Although this recipe is simple to make, it is far from bland. The broth, onion soup, cheese, and Dan-O’s Original Seasoning create a mouthwatering taste. Plus when the casserole is fully baked the french onion straws give you an extra crunchy consistency.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 4 tbsp of butter, sliced individually
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1-2 cups of rice
- Dano’s Original Seasoning
- 1 8 oz bag of shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3-4 cups of French onion straws
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 1 10.5 oz can of French onion soup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a baking dish place thinly sliced onions, pour in a can of french onion soup, can of chicken broth and the rice then stir well.
- Then place 4 slices of butter evenly throughout the dish.
- Add the chicken and season with Dano’s to taste.
- Then sprinkle cheese on top of the dish then french onion soup mix packet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes covered with foil.
- Then remove the foil and sprinkle with onion straws and bake additional 15 minutes not covered.