This here is an easy, inexpensive dinner that the whole family can enjoy. Coming in at less than 10 dollars, this easy biscuit chicken pot pie recipe is packed full of flavor and can be made by anyone. You’ll save time using a lot of already prepared ingredients, without sacrificing any flavor.
A few major time savors in this recipe include the biscuits, which save you from rolling out dough; chicken gravy, which saves you time making gravy from scratch; and frozen mixed veggies. The mixed veggies include corn, peas, green beans, and carrots, the main veggies for a pot pie. The main time saver is Dan-O’s Seasoning, which will be the only one that you need!
A few tips for this method include cooking your biscuits about halfway before placing on top of the filling to let the bottoms firm up. You can brush your biscuits with egg before baking for a perfect golden crust and sprinkle some Dan-O’s for a nice look and flavor. Also, make sure you cook your chicken to about 140 degrees before chopping to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
At the end of the recipe, I ended up with a few extra biscuits I popped in the oven afterwards. Was nice because there was extra filling after eating the first few biscuits and I didn’t waste any food. My recipe calls for chicken stock, which you can use to thin out or thicken your filling to your desired consistency.
This recipe pairs great with some mashed potatoes and a nice salad. You can check out some of the awesome Dan-O’s Seasoning Vegetable Recipes for more ideas. We hope you enjoy this easy biscuit chicken pot pie recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Bag of frozen mixed veggies (carrots, green beans, peas, corn)
- Can of chicken gravy
- Can of beef stock
- Can of large biscuits Dan-O’s regular seasoning
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then heat and oil your pan to medium heat
- Season chicken breasts with even coating of Dan-O’s Seasoning, and cook in pan on medium heat to 140 degrees internal temperature
- Remove chicken breasts to cool down, then cut into cubes
- Add whole jar of chicken gravy and ½ cup of chicken stock to saucepan and bring to a low boil
- Add bag of veggies to gravy and stock, let cook for 10 minutes or so until veggies start to soften up stirring frequently
- Add cubed chicken to filling, cook for about 5 minutes on low heat until reaches desired thickness. Add Dan-O’s to the filling for added thickness and flavor
- Place biscuits on tray, and let cook for 5-6 minutes (about halfway)
- Transfer filling to oven-safe dish, then place biscuits on top
- Brush biscuits with egg, then sprinkle Dan-O’s on the top for a nice, green herb finish
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until biscuits are golden brown
- Remove from oven, let cool down, and serve