BEST DAN SEASONING
Ah yes, the BBQ chicken flatbread pizza. Crunchy and BBQey with chicken and bacon and a bite of red onion. A classic that you often find at a brewery or your favorite dive. This is a simple recipe that can only be made better by Dan-O’s Seasoning. Because, if you haven’t had Dan-O’s Seasoned bacon or chicken, you’re missing out!
So this recipe is made easy by premade flatbreads. Everything else is simply a topping, from the cheese to the bacon, to chicken and onions. Just use Sweet Baby Rays or your favorite BBQ sauce and you can use your Dan-O’s Seasoning as a herb butter and use it to season the chicken and bacon to take it to the next level.
So the premade flatbreads aren’t the best things in the world. You can make yours better by brushing on some olive oil and Dan-O’s, or some Dan-O’s-seasoned garlic butter. If you like your flatbread extra crunchy, you can even leave it in the oven for 3-4 minutes before adding the toppings on so they don’t burn. OR consider making your own flatbread! There are tons of recipes out there and they are not hard.
Serve with a salad and your favorite beverage.
- 1 premade flatbread
- ½ chicken breasts
- 4 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Sauce of your choice
- Cheese of choice (mozzarella or cheddar or both)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Add your bacon to a baking sheet, season both sides with Dan-O’s, and cook for 20 minutes until desired crispiness. While your bacon cooks cut a chicken breast in half lengthwise and season both sides liberally with Dan-O’s. Cook in a pan on medium heat to get a nice crust, and then remove to cool down.
- Dice up your onion while the chicken cools and the bacon finishes cooking. Remove the bacon and clear off the excess grease with a paper towel. Dice up the chicken and bacon and set to the side.
- Brush the flatbread with minced garlic, Dan-O’s and olive oil mixed together. Place in the oven on its own for 3-5 minutes for extra crispiness. Add a base of BBQ sauce, then your chicken, cheese, bacon, and onion.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes until cheese is melted and toppings start to crisp up. Slice and let cool down before serving.