The tomahawk steak is always an impressive cut of meat. The giant bone, the thick cut… all the meaty goodness. It’s definitely a carnivore’s dream and one of our favorite things to cook! In our grilled tomahawk steak recipe, we’re using butter and Dan-O’s to add flavors that your guests and stomach won’t shut up about. We’ll even get a little side dish ready for you too!
All you’re going to need is your choice of Dan-O’s Seasoning (the regular or spicy), a stick of butter, and a tomahawk steak or two. Preheat your grill on medium to high heat, depending on your preferred technique, and apply a liberal coating of Dan-O’s. We’re going to add a few chunks of butter a few times throughout cooking for added flavor. It’s gonna be Dan-Good!
If you’re looking for an easy side dish to go with your tomahawk steak, we’ll show you how to make an easy potato and carrot foil pack as well. You’ll already have your Dan-O’s and butter, so all that’s left is chopping some veggies. These can go on the grill while your steak cooks, and should be ready about the same time. Simply wait till they cool down (Dan-O…) and serve!
So if you follow our footsteps in this grilled tomahawk steak recipe, you’re going to get a tender, juicy steak that’s perfectly cooked and loaded with flavor. You’ll have some potatoes and carrots to enjoy on the side to make a Dantastic, somewhat-balanced meal. You’re gonna love it!
- (1) 2 Bone Tomahawk Steak
- Spicy Dan-O’s
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Cut Tomahawk Steak in half (2 pieces) and store the second piece (optional.)
- Place the steak on the grill and cover in pieces of butter and Spicy Dan-O’s
- Cook to an internal temperature of about 130 degrees for a medium rare steak (about 10 min each side)
- Remove from the grill and put more butter on top of the steak
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving