How to Make Dan-O’s Style Brisket
The Hot and Fast Brisket
This Dan-good brisket recipe takes your typical recipe and cuts hours off the cooking time while still maintaining all of that flavor. In just 5.5 hours you can have a tasty and flavor rich brisket made with just a few ingredients.
The Key Ingredient
The key ingredient to this recipe is of course Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning. This is the perfect seasoning to go with any meats that you smoke. It already has a smoky flavor by itself. It’s also an extremely versatile seasoning and it uses an all-in-one mixture while staying low in sodium.
Follow these few simple steps to try that YUM YUM GET YA SUM flavor.
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- 12-14 lb brisket
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of beef broth
- Get smoker up to a varying heat of 325 to 350 degrees
- Take brisket and cover both sides in Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- Place brisket in smoker and pour or spray apple cider vinegar over top of it
- Let smoke for 4.5 hours. Then by using a meat thermometer check the internal temperature. The meat needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees
- Once done set on a large sheet of aluminum foil
- Braise it in a cup of beef broth
- Wrap up brisket in the aluminum foil and set in a aluminum foil cooking pan and put it back in the smoker for another hour (the internal temperature should reach around 205 to 207 degrees)
- Use a large plastic container like a cooler and allow the meat to sit for one hour