When Kentucky’s finest seasoning meets Kentucky fried chicken, delicious things happen. This southern fried chicken salad sandwich is one of those delicious things! It’s also super easy to make, requires no cooking, and is flavor packed!
Okay, so there is some cooking involved if you are making your own fried chicken. However, we don’t recommend frying your own chicken for this. Instead, do this with leftover chicken! Or, use any type of fried chicken that you find on sale at your local store. Dark meat, tenders, etc., it doesn’t matter! But we figured KFC would be perfect for this recipe, because… Kentucky!
The main difference between this Kentucky Fried Chicken Salad recipe and others, is that this one is flavor-packed. A lot of others are rather bland and rely on salt and pepper, but this one has hot pickle relish, good mustard, fried chicken, and of course, spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning! All conveniently placed and dressed on a beautiful croissant.
Serve your Leftover Kentucky Fried Chicken Salad with chips or a side of your choice. Enjoy!
- 1 of fried chicken (chopped and deboned)
- ¾ cup of mayo
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Handful of diced green onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Croissant or bun of choice
- Toppings of choice
- Carefully debone your chicken, pulling off all the good pieces of meat from the bone. Place meat in a pile, saving a few of the bigger pieces of skin. Repeat until all chicken is chopped. Add chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop up your veggies, including your pickles, celery, and green onions. Add to mixing bowl.
- Squeeze on your lemon, add your mayo, and pop over a bunch of your spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. Mix everything together and season to taste.
- Build your sandwiches with buns and toppings of your choice. Drizzle some hot sauce when you are finished.